Tuesday, February 10, 2015

It's Aamir Khan's turn to roast Karan-Arjun on AIB show!

Trust Aamir Khan to take a stand for all things right, and call a spade a spade. In what is perhaps the most damning reaction from a Bollywood biggie on the controversial AIB Roast featuring Karan Johar, Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor, reports suggest that Aamir has come down heavily on the show, saying that he didn't find it "funny at all".
Aamir's scathing attack on the show came on the sidelines of an event in Mumbai. "When Karan (Johar) and Arjun (Kapoor) told me what they said and did as part of the 'roast', I felt it was very violent event. I completely believe in freedom of speech and no issues there. Violence is not always physical, it can be emotional, it can be verbal. Jab aap kisi ko insult karte ho to aap violence perpetuate kar rahe ho," he said. 
That the 'roast' was popular with several youngsters, he said, was no justification for defending what is wrong. "Everybody has the right to air their opinions. In my opinion, it was not funny. I am not a kid that I will laugh listening to abuses. I am way past that age. I scolded both Karan and Arjun, who are my friends, and told them that I do not find it funny at all."
Watch Aamir Khan's reaction to the AIB roast
Aamir didn't stop here. He continued: "If you want to impress me, try making me laugh without insulting anyone. I will enjoy it then. I am not talking about AIB, but about Arjun, Karan and other actors at the event...I think as a creative person, it is my responsibility to search for the good in people," he added.
Fresh from the controversies surrounding his film PK, Aamir, however, also said that he didn't approve of the repercussions and reactions the show generated. "I don't know if they've broken the law. I also see that there is a lot of lynching happening to them. I do not believe in that either. If I do not like something you have done, I should convey it to you strongly and that is where it ends. Who am I to tell you how you should conduct yourself?"
He continued: "I have also made a film like Delhi Belly which got an A certificate. I myself have gone out telling people it's an adult film. There are expletives in the film so please don't come if you don't like such stuff. I do have the liberty as a creative person but I also have a responsibility. I have to fulfil both. That's all I would say." 

No comments:

Post a Comment