Thursday, December 8, 2011

Veena Malik’s dad disowns her


Veena Malik's nude magazine cover kicked up a storm with not just strong reactions in Pakistan, but the actress alleging that the nude photos were fake and suing the magazine.
But the latest salvo came from her own father, who said in an interview to a British newspaper that he was disowning her. "I have disowned her. I have severed all ties with her and I don't want her to have any share in whatever meagre assets I have until she is cleared of the controversy and pledges not to visit India again," Veena's father, Malik Mohammad Aslam, was quoted by the paper as saying.
He added that his daughter should be punished if found guilty of stripping "so that no other woman would think of doing such a thing". "I can ignore (it) if she disobeys me but I cannot tolerate anything against my country and my faith," he was quoted as saying.
This outburst by her father apparently came as a shock to Veena, who only reacted with a "no comments" stance when we tried to contact her.
However, in an earlier interview to DT, Veena had said her family was always supportive of what she did, and it was only after their permission that she said yes to "Swayamvar", which also created a controversy recently due to her nationality. "My parents have always supported me.
I agreed to do "Swayamvar" after I got their permission. Unhi ki vajah se maine yeh offer accept kiya tha. My siblings too suggested I should give it a shot. My parents and friends will come to my show. You will get to see them on the show soon," she had said. The actress also told us that she had only stayed with her parents for two years, and had been raised by her grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment