Saturday, October 8, 2011

Ranbir Kapoor’s 17 favourite films

The actor picks movies from his grandfather'sShree 420 to Mr India 

1It's A Wonderful Life: It's my all-time favourite film. It's the spirit of goodness that always wins me over.

2Shree 420: I love this film for the innocence of my grandfather Raj Kapoor's character in it.

3Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaayenge: The movie of my generation! Love, family... and Shah Rukh Khan. It's just magic!

4Life is Beautiful: For it's unfailing optimism, inspiration and Roberto Benigni's madness.

5Mr India: This movie has everything! It's just too good. Zindagi Ki Yehi Reet hai has some of my favourite lyrics ever.

6The Lord of the Rings trilogy: It retained and added to the wonder and magic of the books... absolutely spellbinding films. Waiting for India to be able to make movies like this!

7Singin' in the Rain: I love Hollywood musicals from that golden era, and this is my pick of the lot. Gene Kelly dancing in the rain is my all-time favourite cinematic moment!

8Masoom: I love this movie for its heart and it's simplicity.

9Dil Chahta Hai: No Hindi film had spoken to me in my own language the way DCH did. For me, It was a landmark moment in Hindi films!

10Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: Beyond the complexity (genius) of its storytelling, what the film has to say about love is simple and beautiful.

11Kabhie Kabhie/Silsila/Chandni/Yash Chopra: For the romance. No one did or does romance like Yash Chopra.

12Rang De Basanti: For the sheer mastery of its film-making... the story, screenplay, cinematography, performances, music... all set a new benchmark!

13Home Alone: To take me back to being 10 years old.

14The Prestige: My favourite Chistopher Nolan film. His movies are unrelenting. He has you by the edge of the seat because he keeps taking you higher and higher and higher.

15Lost in Translation: I love the mood of this film. Either you get into it, or you don't.

16Catch Me If You Can: For Leonardo Di Caprio's performance. He has such charm in this film!

17Rafoo Chakkar: This one is a favourite films with my parents in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment